Saturday, February 7, 2009

weekly update

What a week and sure glad it is over.

Some updates in no particular order:
  • Glad this work week is over - all alone but struggled with the fact it was a good thing.
  • Have decided that based on some good advice from the person I stalk that I have to learn to "just let it go". I envy that quality in her and will try my best.
  • kids snowboard lessons are going great.
  • Have decided that we will build a pergola in the back yard - oh so looking forward to spring and gardening and playing in the dirt - not to mention shopping for plants - how I yearn to wander through the garden centres again and watch my garden grow.
  • have decided to change the colour of the shutters and front deck and get a new front door - put it on the to-do list.
  • Cant wait to hear all about the person I stalk's wedding she is going to tonight - i hope she takes pictures.
  • Hubs is outside smashing ice out of our eves - they are solid full of ice and look like they are about to come ripping out of the house.....
  • looking forward to getting the basement foundation dug up and sealed so i don't go into panic mode when warm weather like this hits in the winter and water everywhere - I am so sick of worrying that the basement will flood.
  • have decided to trim down budget to save for above....ugh
  • Have to plan small mud room addition - hubs and i are fighting / discussing getting new basement stairs that will not kill someone like ours are now.
  • Going to friends tonight - looking forward to that. I am making a new recipe to bring with me...... Greek Layer dip with small pitas to dip with.
  • Baby shower tomorrow - looking forward to that. I got the cutest baby clothes last night - was fun and wished stores like that existed when my crew were small like that.
  • Love my new vacuum. It is helping me combat the dog hair - note to self - next dog (if we get one) will NOT SHED.

Well that's about it - off to get something done....and hit the grocery store so I can make the greek layer dip and the kids have something to eat for dinner.

1 comment:

Moe said...

I will tell you all about the wedding, but not in my blog. (does that give anything away?)

How was the baby shower? Did she like all the outfits you picked up?

Anything exciting happen?

Why do you only post once a week?

God woman... ENTERTAIN ME!!

I will post another comment later, but I really need to get to bed. 2:45am. I have to get up at 7:00 (unless Cole's still sick and then I'll sleep much later than that)

Night for now - chat at ya later!