Monday, April 13, 2009

Found another one I want to try...


Did not end up having the planned Cobb salad for dinner......Child #3 had to work late which in turn made me so late that I didn't have time to make dinner before the dog trainer showed up...


Ended up spending a few dollars shy of $50.00 at McDonald's - what a friggin waste of money - that is for our family of five and g/f of oldest child - CHA CHING...and now a few short hours later I am starving again....


Note to self - use crockpot on dog training nights.


I LOVE our dog trainer - my 5 year old puppy is responding well and what an improvement in just two short lessons.......


I have just found another recipe on another blog I am going to put on my must try this week list.....



2 tblsp hot pepper sauce, such as Frank's RedHot
3 tblsp white vinegar, divided
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 lb chicken tenders
2 tblsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 tblsp nonfat plain yogurt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 large tomato, chopped

Whisk hot pepper sauce, 2 tblsp vinegar & cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Spray cooking spray in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken tenders; cook until cooked through & no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add to the bowl with the hot sauce; toss to coat well.

Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, pepper & the remaining 1 tblsp vinegar in a small bowl. Stir in blue cheese.

To assemble wraps: Lay a tortilla on a work surface or plate. Spread with 1 tblsp blue cheese sauce & top with one-fourth of the chicken, lettuce, celery, tomato & onion. Drizzle with some of the hot sauce remaining in the bowl & roll into a wrap sandwich. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
I think i am going to go and "borrow" some Easter chocolate from my kids....insert evil giggle....

No comments: