Monday, April 13, 2009

Whats for dinner


After spending the afternoon outside in the warmth of the sun I am now in summer mode and craving salads.....
And just found the perfect BBQ Chicken Cobb salad to make for dinner tonight.....
Although I do not have left over chicken in the fridge I do have some ham left over from Easter dinner at our neighbours and will grab a chicken from the grocery store on my way home from work.....
BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad


Leftover Old-Fashioned BBQ Chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
World's Best Blue Cheese Dressing OR a high-quality Ranch. I suppose, if you swing that way, you could use Thousand Island or French, but I've never been a fan.
Leafy green lettuce (I like Romaine)
Hard-boiled eggs; sliced, wedged, crumbled, chopped, whatever.
Chopped green onions or sliced red onions
Chopped tomatoes
Blue cheese (if not using aforementioned dressing) or sharp cheddar cheese. Pepper jack might also be good, although I've never tried it.
Avocado cubes
Crumbled bacon


Wash and chop lettuce (if not buying pre-washed, pre-chopped lettuce). Blot with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Arrange lettuce on large dinner plates and add a handful of BBQ chicken. Arrange remaining ingredients on top--you can either keep all the toppings separate and let dinner-eaters mix it up (or not) according to their liking, or you can just go WILD and sprinkle everything on top. Serve with dressing and enjoy!

I wish i had it right now to eat ......

No comments: