Friday, March 20, 2009

They are coming over to see me, and not my house? Right? Wrong...

Not when you have a new kitchen to show off......I have a bunch of girl friends coming over for dinner and cards if we get around to it - has been a while since I have seen quite a few of them.

The kitchen that is currently a total mess- a kitchen with granite counters covered in a layer of icing sugar, every bowl I own is in the sink with tons of utensils and dishwasher full and running....

The to-do list is long and it is past midnight... I too am covered in icing sugar and probably flour on my nose!

I have got a ton done tonight..... the fridge is completely full - this is when I wish I didn't have a side by side fridge...I cant fit another thing in it.

  • Stout cupcakes with vanilla bean icing - yum - cant wait to try them - they look great.
  • Shrimp scampi skewers - all good to go -just need to go in the oven.
  • coleslaw dressing - have to grate the cabbage but no room in the fridge -will have to do it after work and pour the dressing on and it will have to sit for a couple of hours.
  • aus juice for beef dip panini
  • artichoke dip - just has to go in the oven.
  • roasted cloves of garlic and made roasted garlic mayo. - Oh need to pick up some more mayo- all out.

doesn't look like much but all from scratch.

I still have to:

  • tidy the bathroom - replace a light bulb
  • vacuum the twenty pounds of dog hair (I hate this time of year)
  • set up the table
  • set up the bar
  • organize the serving platters.
  • set up panini bar - had planned on doing this tonight but no fridge space...grrrrr.

Going to get up early - run the dishwasher again - get table set and ready.....set up bar.

On my way home from work still have to pick up

  • bread
  • buns
  • flowers

I am sitting watching "Housewives of Orange County" while I type this - I wish I was rich......

1 comment:

Moe said...

Please confirm that this is NOT going to be a bikini wax party like we saw last night on CSI NY - or was Miami / New York!!??

If it is indeed a bikini wax party, I will have to go buy some new undergarments as mine are all full of holes and not very white anymore.

Oh, and seeing that I already shaved, could I just have my toes done?