Tuesday, March 17, 2009

twenty never spoken before secrets

My best friend and I are trying to keep busy today with twenty things you may not know about me.

When I was 12 I saved all my babysitting money to buy a big jug of hair gel – walked to the drug store at the corner of Brant street and upper middle and bought it – it was probably a three mile walk one way – it was green and really goopy. When I was about four houses away from home I tripped on the wrapper they use to tie newspapers together and smashed the big jar of gel. I sat there and cried – you have seen my hair – imagine it with NO product in it – my mother would’t even let me use her hair spray. I hate my hair and i hate my acne scared face - if i had more money I would get it fixed and do botox.

I am secretly scared (if not terrified) of going blind – I hate the dark

I was a shy teenager – wished I kissed Daren Klink when I was 15.

I had a crush on Bruce sellek (sp?)

I worry about getting older and not being able to take care of myself.

I hate milk even though I know it is good for me.

A good sense of humor is very attractive to me.

I check out men’s hands before anything else.

I love driving really fast with loud music on a warms summer day – my favorite car was my convertible – the man magnet I called it.

When at home I NEVER have the radio on – I don’t buy CD’s and do not really like music unless driving myself or wanting to dance. This is new – since kids.

I hate my body and hate myself for not changing my body through diet and exercise – a vicious circle. I start with good intentions – I am much better with my eating habits though and when I do it is generally healthy.

My biggest sense of accomplishment is the design of both the kitchen and bathroom.

I wish I could have white slip covered furniture and white bedding.

I hate that I am becoming more and more moody and sometimes can’t control the mood.

There are many things I have done that I wish I could go back in time to change. I am not proud of them and not sure where my head was?

I don’t listen to my gut – I wish I could put my ‘gut voice’ to use rather than shushing it all the time and then looking back only to realize my gut had been trying to tell me and I wasn’t listening.

More and more so I day dream of the “what if I hadn’t……” “where would I be”

I miss my dad and wished I knew him better before he died – I wish I could talk to him today. I make myself go to his monument a few times a year and always feel uncomfortable there.

The three months when my Dad got sick, then died, I lost my job and had a miscarriage was the worst time of my life. I wished Al had been there for me more - I had never felt so alone and scared - my world crumbled around me in three short months.

1 comment:

Moe said...

First off. I am still laughing about the hair gel!

You - shy - ever? Can't see it.

What do you figure you'll find out by looking at a man's hands? If you're checking out the size of the fingers ... well, explain Al?

You have every right to be proud of both your kitchen and bathroom. I have admitted in my post that I'm jealous of them.

We all have things we wish we could change. It's all part of the learning experience. Just be glad that we have the ability to feel regret and remorse.

I knew about your wishing you knew your Dad better. Up until his death, you blamed him for a lot of problems that were more your mother's doing... alas, I knew about your feelings towards your Mom too.

Not bad chickie. Learned a lot here!